On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:43:52 -0700, Bill Southerly wrote:
>On Aug 14, 2011, at 6:12 PM, Mike Palij <m...@nyu.edu> wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 14:58:06 -0700, Bill Southerly wrote:
>>> TIPS has been around since June 1, 1992.
>>
>> So, whose place we're gonna go to for next year's "20th
>> Anniversary of Tips" party? ;-)
>
>Good Question!!!

Maybe a group of Tipsters can get together and submit a panel or
symposium on 20 years of electronic communication about the teaching
of psychology to APA and/or APS.

Some topics that could be covered are:

(1) Which issues for discussion on the email list appear to
re-occur more or less regularly over the decades (e.g., the
post that began this thread ;-).

(2)  How does TiPS compare with the moderated PsychTeacher?
What are the strengths and weaknesses of both?

(3)  What are some of the "group activities" that have been
conducted over the decades, such as the "Great Iceberg Hunt".
Maybe this is the venue to finally get the stuff written about the
iceberg metaphor beyond TiPS.

I'm sure that other Tipsters may have other ideas for topics.
Such a panel/symposium could serve as a way to get Tipsters
together at one (both) of the conventions and maybe an opportunity
for lunch, dinner, or a social hour.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=11946
or send a blank email to
leave-11946-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu