I'm <30 miles west of Mike Palij (320 miles northeast of epicenter;
40.761,-74.422) and the 100 year old 3 story colonial house-turned-office
building shook for some time (as if the person above or below me was engaged
in, ah hem, "romantic activities"). Campus buildings were evacuated until 3 PM,
but I've heard of no damage.
Patrick

Patrick O. Dolan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Drew University
Madison, NJ 07940
973-408-3558
pdo...@drew.edu
>>> "Mike Palij" <m...@nyu.edu> 8/23/2011 2:49 PM >>>
True story:

So, I'm in the NYU library talking to the reference librarian and one of
the security guards comes over and tells us "The building is being
evacuated, you have to leave."  I looked at the librarian and she at
me and we clearly didn't know why.  The librarian told the guard
"There's no alarms going off, why should we leave?"

The guard said "The alarms will go off shortly but you have to leave
now."  The guard didn't offer any additional information.

Well, after 9/11, if someone tells me to get out of a building, I'm
going to get.  It was several minutes after I left the library that
I hears about the earthquake.  Neither I nor the librarian felt
anything.  The library building is about 50 years old and I assumed
was somewhat earthquake resistant but better safe than sorry.

So, what are other Tipster's stories?

You are currently subscribed to tips as: pdo...@drew.edu.
To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13443.99ec8b626a47132c52969dd081cdd808&n=T&l=tips&o=12138