Hi All-

Our local paper just had a blurb about a new book by two U. of Waterloo
profs: Campus Confidential: 100 startling things you don’t know about Canadian
universities. (James Lorimer & Co., 245 pages).

Read
more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Startling+facts+about+Canadian+universities/5348334/story.html#ixzz1Wv6j2u4V

The claims in the book appear to be the usual fare. Kids feel entitled, they
are lazy, they cheat, they aren't really university material, etc. Not having
read the book I don't know if their conclusions are based on data or are just
the mutterings of some disaffected academics. Is anyone on this list familiar
with the book/authors? Is it worth reading?

Thanks,

-Don.
Don Allen
Retired professor