Very interesting.  As I wrote the post is was in the back of my mind that
smelling testosterone is a possibility, so dominance could be a reasonable
trait to measure.  Interesting info about the Big Five possibly becoming the
Big Six.  I'll definitely have a read of the article Scott.

Michael

Michael A. Britt, Ph.D.
mich...@thepsychfiles.com
http://www.ThePsychFiles.com
Twitter: mbritt

On Dec 8, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Lilienfeld, Scott O wrote:

> In at least some observer ratings studies of non-human animal (e.g.,
> chimpanzee) personality (plenty of controversy here; Sam Gosling at U of
> Texas is the “to go” person to for this literature), dominance has emerged as
> a sixth factor in addition to the Big Five.  Its inclusion here along with
> the traditional FFM is certainly not without precedent:
>

> http://www.u.arizona.edu/~ajf/pdf/King%20%26%20Figueredo%201997.pdf
>

> I’d rather read the article in full, which I’ve not yet done, before gauging
> the quality of the design and analyses, and the likelihood of replication.
> Have long found that judging articles from the Abstract is often a tricky
> business.
>
> …Scott
>

> Scott O. Lilienfeld, Ph.D.
> Department of Psychology, Room 473