I fail to see the problem.  If one believes in God's involvement in the
development as humans as we are today, the simple choice is 1.  If one is
an atheist, 2. is the answer.

William Scott wrote:

>   Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on the
origin and development of human beings --
1.   Human beings have developed over millions of years from less
advanced forms of life, but God guided this process,
2.  Human beings have developed over millions of years from  less
advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process,
3.  God created human beings pretty  much in their present form at one
time within the last 10,000 years or so]?

>   It seems to me that the question asks people to
>   proclaim atheism as much as a belief in evolution.
>   To believe fully in evolution one has to answer that
>   "god had no part" in the process.

.
Robert W. Wildblood, PhD
Adjunct Psychology Faculty