From: Zasloff, Lee [zasl...@arc.losrios.edu]
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 1:20 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] NPR says...

It's been known for ages that cats can carry toxoplasmosis.  That's one of the
reasons that teaching a cat to use a toilet - while very cute and a seemingly
good idea for eliminating a cat box.  It can contaminate the water supply with
this parasite.  There's a really simple way to avoid being infected -- don't
touch cat poop.  Anyone who's really upset by this can just use gloves.  Even
people with AIDS have been keeping their cats by using these kinds of
safeguards with no risk to their health.  Must be something weird going on in
Denmark.  I wonder how many cats are now going to end of in shelters because of
this.

Lee

R. Lee Zasloff, PhD
Adjunct Instructor, Psychology