This if fascinating stuff. I wonder if someone could explain to me
something from the article. A little Googling only served to confuse me
more. The article posits that photoreceptor outer segments have a 9+0
arrangement, which should mean that there are nine pairs of cilia arranged
in a ring-like structure. That doesn't connect to my idea of the outer
segment being a single entity--not paired, and not nine of them per cell.
Granted, I read through the article rather quickly, but if someone could
explain, I'd appreciate it--back channel is fine since others may not be as
fascinated by cilia as I am.
Thanks,
Carol

--