From: Christine Grela [mailto:cgr...@mchenry.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:01 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] continuing education credit

 Colleagues,

Please see the message below that I sent to the contact at the APA - she's out
of her office, so I was hoping a colleague might be able to clarify. Has anyone
else run into problems like this?

Here's my issue:

I am having some issues with my Human Resources department about the APA's use
of the term "CE credits". My faculty contract has "clock hours" and "CEUs", and
my HR department is arguing that a "CE credit" is the same as a "clock hour" -
meaning credit for the length of the seminar/workshop, etc. Is this accurate?

So, for example, I attended a seminar/workshop at the APS convention in May,
and I received "APA credit" according to the website
(http://www.psychologicalscience.org/convention/program_2012/search/viewProgram.cfm?Abstract_ID=25706&AbType=&AbAuthor=&Subject_ID=&Day_ID=all&keyword=)
 and the certificate I received said "3 CE credits". What does that mean
exactly?

Thanks for clarification on this issue. I would like to take advantage of some
of the other opportunities offered for continuing education through the APA,
but I don't want to continue to argue with my HR department.....

Christine L. Grela
Instructor of Psychology
McHenry County College
8900 US Highway 14
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
Office: C-124
Phone: 815-479-7725
cgr...@mchenry.edu<mailto:cgr...@mchenry.edu>

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
dwasi...@valdosta.edu<mailto:dwasi...@valdosta.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13191.978362ce7b096266e2cefb878aa3250b&n=T&l=tips&o=20222

leave-20222-13191.978362ce7b096266e2cefb878aa32...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-20222-13191.978362ce7b096266e2cefb878aa32...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>