I agree. We have had several applicants with on-line degrees (Ph.D. or Psy.D.).
Without even getting into comparison of quality of programs, I have typically
not seen any publication or presentation record. If you're applying for an
academic position, this is a distinct drawback.

==================================
Steven M. Specht, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Psychology
Utica College
Utica, NY 13502
(315) 792-3171
monkeybrain-collagist.blogspot.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and
convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.