I have had AP students not do well in Gen Psych, but some have done well. This
author sounds like he is bothered by many aspects of the system, and I have no
familiarity with the AP system and how it is being gamed by those involved. I
have wondered how a highschool teacher can adequately do a class that is
supposed to be college level given the political realities; pressures from
officials and parents, time, needed depth, inadequate support, equipment, prep,
etc., that is typical of highschools....and higher highschools called colleges.
 I will watch for responses from those more acquainted with the issues.

G.L. (Gary) Peterson,Ph.D
Psychology@SVSU

On Oct 19, 2012, at 4:02 PM, drnanjo <drna...@aol.com> wrote:

> http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/10/ap-classes-are-a-scam/263456/
> Sharing this because a few of my fellow TIPsters are veteran readers.
>
> Wondering what they (and other not AP-affiliated Tipsters) think about this.
>
> Happy approximately mid-semester to you and yours...
>
> Nancy Melucci
> Long Beach City College
> et alia
> ---
>
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: peter...@svsu.edu.
>
> To unsubscribe click here:
> http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13445.e3edca0f6e68bfb76eaf26a8eb6dd94b&n=T&l=tips&o=21184
>
> (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
>
> or send a blank email to
> leave-21184-13445.e3edca0f6e68bfb76eaf26a8eb6dd...@fsulist.frostburg.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=21185
or send a blank email to