Imagine you are teaching a course called The Psychology of Laughter, Mirth,
and Humor. What do you think would be essential components of the course? I
have chosen the text, so that will guide me somewhat, and I want to include
the philosophical underpinnings, evolution of laughter, social aspects
(including communication), political humor, biological basis,and the
application (e.g., therapeutic use) of laughter and humor. I've been
looking at syllabi, I hope to have a guest speaker from an improv group, a
person who conducts workshops on comedy in health sciences, possibly
someone from communication, literature, or political science. Am I leaving
out anything you would consider important? It's my first time with this
course, and since I'm starting from scratch, I thought maybe my wise and
wonderful (and sometimes quite humorous) colleagues on TIPS might have some
suggestions or cautions. I've joined several groups (listservs and
organizations) that have some resources and serve as inspiration, but I'd
love to hear from TIPsters.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Carol

--