  From: Wuensch, Karl L
  To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
  Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:43 PM
  Subject: [tips] Physicians Aspirin Study

            That study is great for illustrating how deceptive percentage of
variance explained statistics can be.  They terminated this study prematurely
because the early returns showed an effect so large (odds ratio of about 1.8)
that it was deemed unethical to continue the study.  In terms of variance
explained, the treatment accounted for about one tenth of one percent of the
variance in MI.

  Cheers,