From: Mike Wiliams [jmicha5...@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:19 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re:[tips] my crummy knowledge of stats

You can use a conventional paired t test.  Although you have dichotomous
scores that does not mean they are categorical.  Correct/incorrect is a
ratio scale of 1 unit.

Green/Red, Accountant/Psychologist are the type of categorical
dichotomies that bring in the nonparametric procedures like Chi-square
or ranking tests.

Just calculate a mean difference and variance for each item and analyze
them the usual way.  You might also try some of the test reliability
stats that are now in
SPSS, such as coefficient alpha.  Alpha is a general index of how well
the items intercorrelate or "hang together".

Mike Williams

---
You are currently subscribed to tips as: pcbernha...@frostburg.edu.
To unsubscribe click here: