I wouldn't call all of the participants of Pahnke's "Good Friday" experiment
divinity students unless you use a broad definition. Timothy Leary was
putatively one of them.

Bill Scott

>>> "Mike Palij"  03/29/13 11:00 AM >>>
What experiment is associated with Good Friday, 1962 and
went on to become known as the "Good Friday Experiment"?
Choose one of the following:
(a) Feigenbaum's presentation of the computer program EPAM
and how it simulated verbal learning (it learned "Good Friday")
(b) Frantz showed that infants aged 1-15 weeks had innate ability
to perceive form, with a preference for more complex patterns
(such a rows of crosses)
(c) Wolpe reported a case study where he showed how conditioning
accounted for the reduction of neurosis/anxiety, in contrast to
mechanism based on "dynamic" psychotherapy (it was conducted
on Good Friday and the Christian patient felt especially anxious)
(d) Pahnke gave 20 divinity students either psilocybin or
nicotinic acid in randomized, double-blind placebo-control
study to determine who had a greater mystical experience
while in a church on a Good Friday.

I'd give you the answer now but I got to run to church. ;-)

You are currently subscribed to tips as: wsc...@wooster.edu.
To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13058.902daf6855267276c83a639cbb25165c&n=T&l=tips&o=24600
or send a blank email to