A very relevant issue is an article in the NYT's about the book, Sybil
Exposed, about the research revealing how totally inaccurate diagnosis of
Sybil as having multiple personality was as well as the extremely
unethical means used by her therapist to produce a great but totally false
case study.  Basically the diagnosis was of the therapist's making.  The
article in the NYT's about this book, Sybil Exposed, is terrific as is the
book itself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/magazine/a-girl-not-named-sybil.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Just this summer I had a student tell me she wrote an entire paper about
Sybil, believing it was fact not fiction. And the paper was for a high
school psychology class.  Concerning to me.

Joan
jwarm...@oakton.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=26535
or send a blank email to