Dear Colleagues,

In collaboration with *Frontiers in Psychology*, a colleague and I are
organizing a Research Topic titled *"Pedagogical Psychology: Beyond the
21st Century”*, hosted by Gretchen Reevy and Stanley Bursten. As host
editor, I would like you to consider submitting a manuscript for
consideration for publication.

Frontiers, a Swiss open-access publisher, recently partnered with Nature
Publishing Group to expand its researcher-driven Open Science platform.
Frontiers articles are *rigorously peer-reviewed, can be disseminated freely
* and are widely read by your colleagues and by the broader scientific and
medical research communities. Over 140 research extensive universities
worldwide encourage faculty to publish in open access journals for several
reasons, but especially because open access is socially just---anyone in
less wealthy countries can view the scholarship.

The idea behind a research topic is to create an organized, comprehensive
collection of several contributions, as well as a forum for discussion and
debate. Contributions can be articles describing original research,
methods, hypothesis & theory, opinions, etc.

We have created a homepage on the Frontiers website (section “Frontiers in
Educational Psychology”) where all articles will appear after peer-review
and where participants in the topic will be able to hold relevant
discussions:

http://www.frontiersin.org/Educational_Psychology/researchtopics/Pedagogical_Psychology_Beyond_/1908
.

*Frontiers will also compile an e-book, as soon as all contributing
articles are published, that can be used in classes, be sent to foundations
that fund your research, to journalists and press agencies, or to any
number of other organizations.*

*As such, a manuscript accepted for publication incurs a publishing fee,
which varies depending on the article type. Research Topic manuscripts
receive a significant discount on publishing fees. Please take a look at
this fee table: http://www.frontiersin.org/about/PublishingFees.*

*Fee waivers or reductions may be possible.*

Once published, your articles will remain free to access for all readers,
and *will be indexed in PubMed, PsycINFO, and other academic archives*. As
an author in Frontiers, *you retain the copyright to your own papers and
figures. *Another benefit of publishing with Frontiers is that *Frontiers
makes it a priority to expedite the review and publication process so that
accepted articles are published promptly.*

I would be delighted if you considered participating in this Research Topic.

Should you choose to participate, please confirm by sending me a quick
email and then your abstract no later than October 15, 2013 using the
following link: http://www.frontiersin.org/submissioninfo  or using the
homepage link
http://www.frontiersin.org/Educational_Psychology/researchtopics/Pedagogical_Psychology_Beyond_/1908

 If you have questions, you may also email me at
gretchen.re...@csueastbay.edu

Please note that the deadline for manuscript submission is on: Feb 15, 2014

With best regards,

Gretchen Reevy

Guest Associate Chief Editor, Frontiers in Educational Psychology

www.frontiersin.org

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=27146
or send a blank email to
leave-27146-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu