From: Michelle Everson [gaddy...@umn.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 7:58 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS); William Scott
Subject: Re: [tips] Need SPSS data sets

Hi Nancy,

Are you aware of the data archive on the Journal of Statistics Education (JSE)
website?  You can get to it here:
http://www.amstat.org/publications/jse/jse_data_archive.htm.  There is
typically a .txt or .csv file of a data set, along with a documentation file.
Each data set comes from an article from the JSE Data Sets and Stories
department.

Not all data sets will be relevant, and, unfortunately, they are not currently
organized in the best way.  Right now, the data sets are organized by file
name.  We are trying to work now on a better organization of that page, with
better search capabilities, but what is there now might be enough to get you
started, or give you some ideas.

Sincerely,

Michelle Everson
Editor, Journal of Statistics Education

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM, drnanjo
<drna...@aol.com<mailto:drna...@aol.com>> wrote:

Hello gang

I need SPSS data sets related to behavioral/social sciences  that would be
suitable for analysis and creation of a simple "poster" project for small work
groups in an intermediate
statistics class.

The prof from whom I inherited the class no longer does these even though they
were shown on the syllabus as a major portion of the credit earned for the term.

He could not supply them to me...I had already distributed the syllabus when he
informed me of this...and after weighing out my choices decided that I did not
want to revise the syllabus and re-distribute 40% of the points earned to
assignments and exams.

Too much additional tension in a course I've only taught 3 times before...

Please feel free to contact me off list. If I could find 10-12 data sets in
Excel/CSV or SPSS format (with coding guides) I would be so grateful.

I've found repositories online but these are often vast and do not include
codebooks.

Thanks and best of luck to all in AY2013-2014

Nancy Melucci
Long Beach City College et alia

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
gaddy...@umn.edu<mailto:gaddy...@umn.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13217.9dc6864f20548aa7f9d8500bc28dafef&n=T&l=tips&o=27497

leave-27497-13217.9dc6864f20548aa7f9d8500bc28da...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-27497-13217.9dc6864f20548aa7f9d8500bc28da...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>

--
Michelle Everson, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer
gaddy...@umn.edu<mailto:gaddy...@umn.edu>

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
wsc...@wooster.edu<mailto:wsc...@wooster.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13058.902daf6855267276c83a639cbb25165c&n=T&l=tips&o=27498

leave-27498-13058.902daf6855267276c83a639cbb251...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-27498-13058.902daf6855267276c83a639cbb251...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>