From: don allen [dap...@shaw.ca]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:52 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] The Tragedy of An Adjunct

Chris-

I concur. But another important point that we don't want to lose sight of is
the obscene disparity between what the faculty member was making and what the
college president was making. Forgetting for a moment what "benefits" would be
costed at, she was making no more than $25,000 a year while the president was
making $700,000! That's a ratio of about 28 to one. In my college (with a
strong union) I was making about $85,000 when I retired and the president was
making about $250,000 or about 3 to one. I don't begrudge administrators a
higher salary (frankly, I wouldn't want their job)but when the boss/worker
salary ratio gets into double digits you have a serious injustice.

-Don.