From: "don allen" <dap...@shaw.ca>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)"
<tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:19:01 PM
Subject: [tips] Re: [tips] ™, Mindfiulness, Lynch and the yogis

Hi Philippe-

Yes, It's sad that this stuff gets published. However, look at the source. This
is the same "journal" that published an article showing the wonderful effects
of Therapeutic Touch by LaFrenier et al. It was so bad that I regularly used it
in my Research Methods class as an example of a seriously compromised design.
The other problem appears to be that there are TM practitioners who do not
fully disclose their relationship with TM International when they publish. The
combination of "true believers" and lax publication standards is a dangerous
combination. Still, we can always use it as an example of what to avoid when we
teach.

-Don.