Hi All-

I just received a request for information from my niece in Greece. She has a
severely handicapped daughter who suffers from epilepsy and a result of being
born with Aicardi syndrome (agenesis of the corpus callosum). She has seen a
number of articles in the popular press which suggested that marijuana may be a
useful treatment option. A brief look at the literature indicated that there
wasn't a lot of substantive work out there e.g:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17609644

and

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/307/1/129.short

However, there is also evidence in the literature that THC can CAUSE epilepsy:

http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1967-15598-001

I have, of course, told her that she should discuss this with her medical team
before doing anything. In the meantime, I would appreciate any information from
people who are more knowledgeable in this area.

Thanks in advance,

-Don.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=29839
or send a blank email to