Louis suggested the following interview question: * Tell me about who you are.
Forget and make no reference to all your personal roles such as father, friend,
husband (wife), son (daughter), forget and make no reference to all your
professional roles, your past and present titles, forget and make no reference
to your degrees and all your positions, forget and make no reference to what
you have, forget and make no reference to all that you have done.  Just tell me
about who you are."

Paul has already commented that this question is  "patently strange and will
tend to make a candidate not want to come work for the organization, IMO."

I'm trying to imagine what sort of answer Louis might be looking for that would
be in any way useful. Can someone be defined in ways other than behavior? And
if so, is that definition relevant to anything at all?

I'm asking myself about how someone like Torquemada might answer Louis'
question. Perhaps it might start out something like this: "I'm a deeply
spiritual person who is concerned with the spiritual well being of his fellow
man."

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
http://home.comcast.net/~epollak/
Husband, father, grandfather, bluegrass fiddler, banjoist &
biopsychologist............... in approximate order of importance

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=29992
or send a blank email to
leave-29992-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu