Making the media rounds is a story about physics "research" on
time travel that involves twitter.  I can't/don't want to/whatever
explain, so see this story for one view:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/researchers-time-travelers-twitter-turn-empty-handed-article-1.1568677
and
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/internet-search-time-travelers-turns-nothing-time-2D11840962

For those interested in reading the preprint, see:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.7128

Strangely enough, the authors have had a difficult time getting their
paper published.  Initial examination of the paper suggests that it is
probably the lack of statistically significant results that causes the
paper from being published -- we all are aware of the prejudice
against papers reporting null results.  Perhaps they should have
used confidence intervals instead.

No truth to the rumor that Scott Lilienfeld and Sally Satel will write
a book about this misuse of resources in the name of science.

Still, this research does raise the question "Does Daryl Bem have a
twitter account?"  And if the answer if "Yes", the next question is
why didn't he answer?

Things that make you go hmmmm.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=32543
or send a blank email to