Right!
UNC is obviously embarrassed by the publicity of the fact that (like most major
American universities) it admits (hires would be a better term) 'students'
whose only qualification is their athletic ability.
I'm sure that most of us have experienced this first hand.
I know I have, even though Minnesota State, Mankato is Division I only in
hockey (not in academics ;-).

Paul Brandon
Emeritus Professor of Psychology
Minnesota State University, Mankato