From: José Ferreira-Alves [al...@psi.uminho.pt]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 5:29 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] IN MEMORIAM: MICHAEL SYLVESTER,PH.D

Amazing!!!

De: michael sylvester [mailto:msylves...@copper.net]
Enviada: 1 de abril de 2014 18:29
Para: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Assunto: [tips] IN MEMORIAM: MICHAEL SYLVESTER,PH.D

Michael Sylvester was born and grew up on the Caribbean island of

St.Lucia,the only island in the caribbean that has had two nobel
laureates-Arthur Lewis(with Milton Friedman) for Economics and Derek Walcott
for Literature. Sylvester,who immigrated to the United States

and became a U.S citizen.obtained a BA from Gannon U ,an MA

from Wichita State U,and a PhD from the Unuversity of Missouri.

All degrees were in Psychology.Prior to starting his undergrad studies

he spent a short postulancy and novitiate studying to be a Trappist monk at the
Abbey of Gethsemani in Kentucky where the contemplative Thomas Merton was a
Novice master.

His best known work is a compendium of works titled

WHAT THEY NEVER TOLD YOU IN PSYCHOLOGY CLASS about the African origins of
modern psychology.

Funeral srvices will be in Tipsville and the pallbearers are

Christopher Green,Stephen Black,James Clark,Stuart McKelvie,Allen
Esterson.Canadian born James Randi will be present at the services

to hand over a check for a million dollars,since Michael by being dead

is also able to post to Tips-hence proving the existence of psychic

phenomenon on this April's fool day.Send me something.

michael

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
al...@psi.uminho.pt<mailto:al...@psi.uminho.pt>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13079.37464550bba7c9b4601a21fd9decb43c&n=T&l=tips&o=35722

leave-35722-13079.37464550bba7c9b4601a21fd9decb...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-35722-13079.37464550bba7c9b4601a21fd9decb...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
doug.peter...@usd.edu<mailto:doug.peter...@usd.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=12991.6a54289b29ceb58cb7609cc50e0dc1c8&n=T&l=tips&o=35733

leave-35733-12991.6a54289b29ceb58cb7609cc50e0dc...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-35733-12991.6a54289b29ceb58cb7609cc50e0dc...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>