I teach a gateway class for Psych majors to prep them for our research methods
classes.  Early in the term,after discussing everyday reasoning problems such
as the confirmation and hindsight biases, I have been introducing the idea of a
four-fold (2X2) table to aid their thinking about more adequate tests of
popular ideas. The table encourages them to think about control or comparison
conditions, and gently preps them for later discussion of variables and levels
for same. Anyway....I think I picked this idea up from some intro text, likely
Scott Lilienfeld's, but I cannot find or recall the source. Does anyone do
anything similar, or recall where use of a four-fold table for such teaching
purposes may have come from?

G.L. (Gary) Peterson,Ph.D
 Psychology@SVSU

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=36446