From: Christopher Green [chri...@yorku.ca]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 2:43 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] Chitlin' test

On May 2, 2014, at 11:26 AM, John Kulig
<ku...@mail.plymouth.edu<mailto:ku...@mail.plymouth.edu>> wrote:

 There is no evidence of bias in the tests we currently use, for the
populations we test.
1) Re: last sentence. Honestly?
2) I suspect that, although alternative tests like the Chitlin' were written to
point up shortcomings in IQ tests, the current primary worry is about the same
phenomenon in "standardized” ( read "uniform," not "well-constructed")
statewide "achievement" tests. Even if you honestly think that we have licked
the problem of cultural bias in IQ tests, you can't possibly believe that we
have even begun to address it (much less licked it) in this latest round of
testing mania.

Chris
Christopher D Green
Department of Psychology
York University
Toronto, ON   M3J 1P3

chri...@yorku.ca<mailto:chri...@yorku.ca>
http://www.yorku.ca/christo

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
rfro...@jbu.edu<mailto:rfro...@jbu.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13039.37a56d458b5e856d05bcfb3322db5f8a&n=T&l=tips&o=36463

leave-36463-13039.37a56d458b5e856d05bcfb3322db5...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-36463-13039.37a56d458b5e856d05bcfb3322db5...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>