The following appeared in The Boston Globe Magazine on Sunday, and I
thought it had some relevance as an anecdote for some Piaget concepts,
though I'm not sure I can figure how many in the Concrete Operational Stage
might apply.  Perhaps: a lack of logic (since the child is only 10),
hypothetical thinking not yet developed, beginnings of inductive reasoning
(but not yet fully developed):

*In the 1990s, I was managing an international project for my company.  I
had occasion to send an engineer to Tokyo for three months to assist a
Japanese contractor with technical specs.  He and his two sons were big
hockey fans, and the Bruins were in the playoffs during his time away.  He
called home one Saturday night.  When he explained to his 10-year-old son
that it was already Sunday morning in Japan, his son immediately asked,
"Who won the hockey game?"*
*- Joe Sullivan, Braintree, MA*

Beth Benoit
Plymouth State University