If you published it, then it is appropriate for others to attempt to replicate
it. That what we're supposed to do in science. If we don't, then it isn't
science. You should be happy that someone not only bothered to read your work
at all (many articles appear to be read by almost no one), but even found it
interesting enough that they wanted to do it for themselves to ensure it was
true. Failures to replicate should be respectful, of course, but should also be
crystal clear about what they did and what they found. Nothing is gained by
beating about the bush. If your emotional constitution is such that you object
to the very possibility that someone might attempt to check your work and
finding it wanting, then you went into the wrong profession and you should
probably get out. Science isn't about polite ambiguities. It is about finding
out what is true (and what is not).

Chris
Christopher D Green
Department of Psychology
York University
Toronto, ON   M3J 1P3

chri...@yorku.ca
http://www.yorku.ca/christo

> On May 25, 2014, at 5:54 PM, Miguel Roig <ro...@stjohns.edu> wrote:
>
> So how do you all feel about attempts at replicating psychological science?:
>
> http://news.sciencemag.org/social-sciences/2014/05/replication-effort-provokes-praise-and-bullying-charges
>
> http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/everybody-is-stupid-except-you/201405/why-replicators-should-take-charges-bullying-seriously
>
> https://twitter.com/DanTGilbert/status/470312237459337216
>
> Miguel