Subject: Happy Independence Day! And The Academic Importance Of Puncuation
From: "Mike Palij" <m...@nyu.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 11:17:16 -0400
But it is quite likely some will still complain, especially Canadians because,
well, they are Canadians.  And because July 1 is Canada Day, the day that
Canada's three colonies formed a single entity known as "Canada", which is
typically ignored by almost everybody.  For more on "Canada Day" (aka
"Independence Day Lite" -- they still have not gotten over not being
represented in Roland Emmerich's space alien invasion movie "Independence Day"
-- personally, I think they should be grateful for NOT being included in it or
any other Emmerich film, especially "Godzilla", NYC is getting tired of being
destroyed in his films) see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Day

Nonetheless, I am sure that there are some Canadians who will say that I have
it all wrong, the two days have nothing in common, and that I should just shut
the hell up.  To which I retort:  not all Canadians are this hostile and
antagonistic, indeed. the "Windsor-Detroit International Freedom Festival" is a
counter-example of U.S.-Canada cooperation to celebrate both Canada Day (July
1) and Independence Day (July 4) in a single festival.  This not only helps to
strengthen relations between the two countries and express support for common
values but allows both cities an opportunity to make some money by giving
people a festival to go to instead of staying home all day watching people
eating hotdogs, baseball, and fireworks (which really doesn't work that well on
TV). See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor-Detroit_International_Freedom_Festival

And let's face it:  if anyone anywhere in the world needs a reason to

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=37454
or send a blank email to
leave-37454-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu