From: Christopher Green <chri...@yorku.ca>

"Ooo! Something I know a little about. First off, Gary NO ONE says "history and
systems" anymore. Sure fire way to reveal that you haven't revised your
"history and systems" course in about 25 years. :-)"

---
I'm glad we changed History & Systems to "Perspectives of Psychology" last
year, making us not behind the times.
---

"Second, this debate has roots right to the very start of psychology. When
Wundt et al. started doing "physiological psychology" (as he called it) in the
1870s, many physiologists (the term "biologist"wasn't really used much until
later) claimed that the "new" discipline was really just a part of physiology
(which had a certain plausibility, seeing as Wundt had literally taken the
instruments from the physiology lab he worked in (Helmholtz's) and started
using them to answer questions about the speed of thought)."

---
Wasn't Wundt's Volkerpsychologie an attempt to cover the mind in its
non-physiological manifestations?

Bill Scott

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=38046
or send a blank email to