Remember that movie with Bradley Cooper "Limitless" that upgraded
the estimate of how much "brain" we use -- in this movie it is asserted
that we only use 20% instead of the usual 10% (myth) -- well, beside
it being available on Amazon for $5 (perhaps an empirical indicator
of its success), it serves as an entry point in an informal article on the
"cognitive enhancers", their promise, and their disappointing reality.
It is an interesting read which some might finding useful in certain classes.
The article is available in a couple of different ways:
I came across it as an article on the "Pacific Standard" magazine
website; see:
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/health-and-behavior/thoughts-cant-thought-ideas-cant-formed-promise-smart-drugs-88606/

However, this article by Marek Kohn was originally published on the
Mosaic website which is supported by the UK Wellcome Trust.
They apparently make their article freely distributable and republishable
(i.e., sites like Pacific Standard can take the article and publish
it on their website under the terms of the Creative Commons License).
One can access the original article here but with the title "Smart and
Smarter Drugs":
NOTE:  The Mosaic website will request to use a cookie for your
browser.
http://mosaicscience.com/story/smart-and-smarter-drugs

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=38095
or send a blank email to