From: "Lisa Gassin" <lgas...@olivet.edu>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:01:44 PM
Subject: [tips] History & Systems

Hello, All-

I have History & Systems as a new prep this year, so I have been checking out
the syllabi on the Division 2 website and visiting a variety of schools'
websites to see where it falls in their curriculum. I notice that almost
always, it looks as if it is an upper division, if not actually senior level,
course. For some reason, we have it as a 200-level (sophomore) course. I'm not
sure what the rationale was for putting it at the 200-level, but for those of
you who teach it as upper division, do you have a sense of why it is taught
there and not earlier? If so, please share : ). If your school offers it as
lower-division, what are the reasons for that? We are re-visiting our
curriculum in general this year, so your comments may help with some
decision-making about the class' placement.

Thanks!
Lisa Gassin

Elizabeth (Lisa) A. Gassin, Ph.D., LPC
Professor of Psychology
Olivet Nazarene University
1 University Avenue
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Tel: (815) 928-5569
Fax: (815) 928-5571

This message is from the Department of Behavioral Sciences at Olivet Nazarene
University and is intended only for the recipient to whom it is addressed.
This message and attachments may contain confidential or privileged information
(including FERPA-protected information) and are intended solely for the use of
the recipient noted above.  Please do not share or forward this e-mail without
the permission of the sender.  If you are not the proper addressee, please do
not review, disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message;
please destroy the message immediately and notify me at 815-928-5569 or
lgas...@olivet.edu.

---
You are currently subscribed to tips as: peter...@svsu.edu.
To unsubscribe click here: