A new entry in the category of "Well, Duh!" How do people think behaviour can
evolve without individual variation? I'd like to see a study in which they find
no (consistent) variability in behaviour among individuals. That would pose
some interesting theoretical quandaries.  It used to drive me nuts when my
intro psych students would object to animal studies by saying, "but all humans
are different!"................ as though all dogs, rats, cats, fish, etc.
behave identically.

Catsharks have individual personalities, study
suggests<http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/gfePCjregRCJAvabCidKqTCicNacqI?format=standard>
Catsharks exhibit their own distinct personalities that determine how they
socialize with other catsharks, according to a study published in Behavioural
Ecology and Sociobiology. Researchers examined sharks in groups of 10 and found
that individuals showed consistent social habits, noting that their results may
well be true for other species of sharks. "Well-connected individuals formed
conspicuous groups, while less social individuals tended to camouflage alone,
matching their skin color with the color of the gravel in the bottom of the
tank," said behavioral ecologist and the study's lead author David Jacoby of
London's Institute of Zoology.
BBC<http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/gfePCjregRCJAvabCidKqTCicNacqI?format=standard>
 (10/1). http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29448192

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
http://home.comcast.net/~epollak/
Husband, father, grandfather, bluegrass fiddler, banjoist &
biopsychologist............... in approximate order of importance

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=38880
or send a blank email to
leave-38880-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu