It is an interesting read.

I met James Randi in the mid 1990s on a visit to speak at Rocky Mountain
Skeptics. I was in grad school at the time in Salt Lake, and had ventured over
for his talk and to assist. Therefore, I was his driver on his visit and to the
airport. I was fortunate, therefore, to get a lot of one-on-one time with him.
Even then he had identified Penn Jillette as a successor as magician/skeptic.

I found him completely unpretentious even though supremely confident and
outspoken. That is, no need for fancy restaurants or hotels, etc. He appeared
to enjoy his work and seemed to love visiting with the several of us who had
organized his trip to Boulder, the ‘field workers’ of skepticism, so to speak.

Paul C Bernhardt, Ph.D.
Guild 215
301-687-4410
Office Hours for Fall 2014
MW 10-11; T 12:15-1:45; F 10-11:30
Schedule meetings via
https://drbernhardt.youcanbook.me

On Nov 9, 2014, at 1:06 PM, Helweg-Larsen, Marie