I, too, have had (idiot) faculty use permanent markers on white boards. But
there's a simple solution. I used to keep a big bottle of rubbing alcohol in my
office and sometimes a small one in my briefcase. It's very effective in
getting the permanent markers off of white boards.  Pill vials or small, 2 oz.
cough medicine bottles are perfect for carrying rubbing alcohol in one's
briefcase.

Ed

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
http://home.comcast.net/~epollak/
Husband, father, grandfather, bluegrass fiddler, banjoist &
biopsychologist............... in approximate order of importance

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=40458
or send a blank email to
leave-40458-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu