Hi All: Have to confess that I'm finding this all a bit confusing, as I believe
that this is the same Dias and Ressler article that was published online in
Nature Neuroscience last December (a full year ago).  Perhaps it's only now in
print (?).  If so, I’m not sure why news outlets are referring to it as news.

In any case, reluctant as I am to post this message given that these authors
are my colleagues (and I like and respect Kerry Ressler a whole lot), some of
you may know that this study (I'm assuming it's the same one) has already been
the target of quite a bit of criticism, as well as rejoinders by the original
authors. See Neuroskeptic for a summary of the debate.  The comments are also
well worth reading.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuroskeptic/2014/10/16/inherited-too-good-to-be-true/

Scott O. Lilienfeld, Ph.D.
Samuel Candler Dobbs Professor