Every time I have tried to publish a research manuscript without p values
(but with effect size confidence intervals) I have been instructed to provide p
values.  It is as if it is not real science if there are not p values.

         NHST (or, as Cohen quipped, SHIT) was banned by the American Journal
of Public Health way back in the 80's.  There have been previous attempts to do
the same in Psychology, with little effect [that is, the confidence interval
may exclude zero but both ends are pretty close to zero :-) ].

         Background reading:

Shrout, P. E.  (1997).  Should significance tests be banned?  Introduction to a
special section exploring the pros and cons.  Psychological Science, 8, 1-2.

Fidler, F., Thomason, N., Cumming, G., Finch, S., & Leeman, J.  (2004).
Editors can lead researchers to confidence intervals, but can't make them
think.  Psychological Science, 15, 119-126.

Cheers,
Karl W.