Imagine altering the genes in a human embryo, to eliminate a
genetically based disease or to enhance some aspect of
appearance or ability.  Well, we have the first attempt and
the bad news is:  it didn't work out so well.  The research was
published in the journal "Protein & Cell" and I'll leave it to the
interested reader to track that down.  As expected, the mass
media has picked up on this story and I provide the link to the
story on Gizmodo website:
http://gizmodo.com/scientists-edited-a-human-embryo-but-it-didnt-go-very-w-1699705168

Be sure to read the comments and check out the Twilight Zone
and X Files references.

How long until they work out the problems with the procedures
and we can have genetically made to order humans?  What
kind of kids or grandkids would you like?

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=44220
or send a blank email to
leave-44220-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu