From: Mike Palij [mailto:m...@nyu.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 8:34 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Cc: Michael Palij
Subject: Re:[tips] of potential interest to psychology?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 20:38:12 -0500, Carol DeVolder writes:
> I have eaten spotted dick as well as cock soup (not what you think it
> is).

Okay, I'll bite. ;-)

By cock soup do you mean:

(1) Jamaican chicken soup as shown in this "how-to-do" video":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRlEJybGm2c
NOTE:  Dumplings are added to make sure that your cock soup has balls.

The preparation shown in the video above uses mostly natural ingredients (the
can of chicken noodle soup raises questions) but, as one of the comentators of
the video mentions, it might be better to use "Grace Cock Flavored Soup Mix"
which is avaiable on Amazon; see:
http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Cock-Flavored-Soup-Mix/dp/B002Q46EH6

While on Amazon one might want to check out the cookbook
"50 Ways to Eat Cock: Healthy Chicken Recipes with Balls!"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/148259143X/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944579842&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002Q46EH6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0EB28E235R17DA6XEFPG
It's even available in Kindle format!

Or,

(2) The Scottish dish "Cock-a-leekie soup"; see:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2875665/cockaleekie-soup
Don't forget the prunes! ;-)

> I have not eaten dog penis, nor would I even if it offended my host.

I feel the same way except, of course, we have a zombie apocalypse or some
other catastrophe that makes the earth a hellscape and we're reduced to eating
anything that might be edible (I really draw the line at cannibalism).

>I thoroughly enjoyed reading *Take Big Bites* by Linda Ellerbee, also
>available on Amazon:
> http://www.amazon.com/Take-Big-Bites-Linda-Ellerbee/dp/0399152687

I remember her from her reporting on local NYC news and thought that she did a
good job but haven't read her books.  Maybe I should put that on my summer "to
do list".

You are currently subscribed to tips as: wuens...@ecu.edu.
To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13060.c78b93d4d09ef6235e9d494b3534420e&n=T&l=tips&o=44251