Access to the raw data by others would be an issue only if the file
contained personal identifiers.

There has been a push to archive data for potential analysis by others (NSF
has a whole section in its grants about archiving the data and making it
available to others). I assume a researcher who wanted to review these
files would not require local IRB approval to do so.

Claudia

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.
Director
Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL  32514

Phone:   (850) 857-6355 (direct) or  473-7435 (CUTLA)

csta...@uwf.edu

CUTLA Web Site: http://uwf.edu/offices/cutla/ <http://uwf.edu/cutla/>
Personal Web Pages: http://uwf.edu/cstanny/website/index.htm

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=44962