I had student seek me out, and she had assignment to replicate soc psych study
for science fair. Non-controversial topic? As it was part of class learning
experience and not formal research, we did not go thru IRB.  She ran procedure
and treatment of participants by me and her highschool teacher. Was more of a
demonstration than full research study.

G.L. (Gary) Peterson,Ph.D
Psychology@SVSU

> On Jan 30, 2016, at 12:38 PM, Jim Clark <j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> I’ve had an inquiry from a high school student interested in doing a science
> project on a psychological topic. I appreciate rules might be different in
> USA and Canada, but does anyone have experience of the ethics involved with
> HS students doing psychological studies?
>
> Thanks
> Jim
>
> Jim Clark
> Professor & Chair of Psychology
> University of Winnipeg
> 204-786-9757
> Room 4L41A (4th Floor Lockhart)
> www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark
>

> ---
>
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: peter...@svsu.edu.
>
> To unsubscribe click here:
> http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13445.e3edca0f6e68bfb76eaf26a8eb6dd94b&n=T&l=tips&o=48022
>
> (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
>
> or send a blank email to
> leave-48022-13445.e3edca0f6e68bfb76eaf26a8eb6dd...@fsulist.frostburg.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=48023
or send a blank email to