On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 08:06:35 -0800,  Stuart McKelvie wrote:
https://www.concordia.ca/jmsb/faculty/gad-saad.html

Thanks for the link but I did searches on the interweb on him
because some of the things he's posted on Linkedin are,
well, interesting and not in a good way.

For an alternate view of the good professor, see the following
discussion board "BadSocialScience" on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BadSocialScience/comments/3zl9is/oh_my_gad/

Needless to say, one conclusion that can be drawn is that his
hype is greater than his substance and another conclusion is
that he appears to overconfident in his opinions and not realize
the tentative nature of his claims.

Dear Mike,

I attended a public lecture he gave here at Bishop's in 2008 (scroll
down in the link above to see the listing).

From memory, it was fairly interesting, was data based, but perhaps a little
bit glib.

From what I read at the site above and elsewhere, I think the term
"glib" is perhaps an understatement and add in an inability to
know where the line is that separates serious discussion from
glib statements, indeed, confusing the two.  But just my opinion.
Take a look at this post that he made which can be described
in a variety of ways but one might start with the question "What
set this off?"  See:
https://image-store.slidesharecdn.com/2ff5bd00-a1a3-4f25-8631-9d7348e2fe14-original.png

I'm not sure who he is referring to when he says unidentified
people are trying to "magically" win the Presidential election
for Hillary Clinton through some "fudging process" (not sure
but actual fudge might be involved; it seems to me that he
doesn't really understand what the electoral college is or
how it came about).  Don't you folks in Canada elect your
Prime Minister through a popular vote?  If so, I'm surprised
the Prof appears to be unfamiliar with the concept.