Dear Tipsters:

This semester a colleague and I decided to try something completely
different for intro psych. Keeping within fair use copyright wherein one
can use less than 10% of an existing book for course use only, and keeping
the readings behind the university's fire wall, we decided to cull through
LOTS of existing intro text and pick out our favorite chapter for each
traditional topic area. This is because we have found things we didn't like
in any single single text. (We did check with our library personnel that
this is OK under copyright allowances--one chapter for less than 10%).

We have our finalists but before finalizing 100% I thought it would be good
to see what others think.

If you have a real favorite chapter in the text you are currently using
please email me, off list, and I will compile and report back to the list.
I will include our current finalists. It was a real challenge to stay with
in the one chapter/less than 10% guideline.

So please, send me your favorite chapter or two from a book.

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor, Psychological Sciences
University of San Diego