On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 00:13:42 -0700, Jim Clark wrote:
That's right ... because there are no examples of failures
who worked hard at what they were passionate about and
never gave up!

One is reminded of the scene at the beginning of the
movie "Awakenings" where Robin Williams who plays
Oliver Sacks is interviewed for a job at the hospital and
is queried about the research that he has been involved:

|Dr. Sayer: [in job interview] It was an immense project.
|I was to extract 1 decagram of myelin from 4 tons of earth worms.
|
|Dr. Sullivan: Really!
|
|Dr. Sayer: Yes. I was on the project for 5 years. I was the
|only one who believed in it. Everyone else said it couldn't be done.
|
|Dr. Kaufman: It can't.
|
|Dr. Sayer: I know that now. I proved it.
(quote from IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099077/trivia?tab=qt&ref_=tt_trv_qu

And let's not forget all of the mathematicians who could not
prove Fermat's last theorem.  See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat%27s_Last_Theorem