I, too, have read several papers from Frontiers and agree with Stuart's
assessment that the quality is quite variable across papers.

Additionally, I agree that the editing is also of variable quality.  The
last paper I read had several misspellings.

Ken

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608
USA

On 11/14/2017 9:59 AM, Stuart McKelvie wrote:

> Dear Annette,
>
> Interesting question. At one point, I think that Jeffrey Beall (author
> of the list of predatory publishers and journals) raised some red
> flags about Frontiers, to which they protested vehemently.
>
> I have downloaded quite a few papers and have found the quality to
> vary. There are some interesting well-written articles and there are
> some poorly-written ones. Indeed, one was so bad that I wrote to the
> editors (they always list the names of editors and referees for each
> paper). The reply indicated agreement with my assessment, with a
> promise to look into procedures.
>
> One thing is clear: they have high publication charges.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Stuart

> "_F__loreat____L__abore_"**
>
> **cid:image001.jpg@01D11876.FED84950****
>
> **"_Recti cultus pectora roborant_"
>
> **
>
> *Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.*, /Phone/: 819 822 9600 x 2402
>
> Department of Psychology, /Fax/: 819 822 9661
>
> Bishop's University,
>
> 2600 rue College,
>
> Sherbrooke,
>
> Québec J1M 1Z7,
>
> Canada.
>
> E-mail: stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca
> <mailto:stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca> (or smcke...@ubishops.ca
> <mailto:smcke...@ubishops.ca>)
>
> Bishop's University Psychology Department Web Page:**
>
> http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
> <blocked::http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy>
>
> _F__loreat____L__abore_"
>
> cid:image002.jpg@01D11876.FED84950