Hah! The UWF gmail system sends most of these messages directly to the spam
box, but a few slip through from time to time.
I think the frequency of these solicitations is now about 10 times (or
more) that of the solicitations from Nigerian princes with big bank
balances to give away.  :-)

I saw one that managed to misspell "science" in its logo.

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.
Director
Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
BLDG 53 Suite 201
University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL  32514

Phone:   (850) 857-6355 (direct) or  473-7435 (CUTLA)

csta...@uwf.edu

CUTLA Web Site: http://uwf.edu/offices/cutla/ <http://uwf.edu/cutla/>

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:59 AM, Miguel Roig <ro...@stjohns.edu> wrote:

> Hey TIPS is alive!!! Thanks for posting, Mike.
>
> Yes, hardly a day goes by nowadays when I don't get one or more emails
> urging me to submit to this journal or to that conference. Some of their
> salutations are kind of funny: "Dear valuable researcher ..."
>
> But, this stuff is really getting out of hand as I have read of some
> instances in which some of the more subtle forms of solicitations have
> ensnared bonafide researchers.  What follows is what I have received just
> from the past 3-4 days!!
>
> Miguel

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=52023
or send a blank email to