From: Michael Palij [mailto:m...@nyu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:14 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS) <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
Cc: Michael Palij <m...@nyu.edu>
Subject: [tips] Illusion

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 08:21:03 -0700,  Don Allen wrote:

Hi all-

I thought that this might be of interest to those of you who teach S&P. It's an

animated Muller-Lyer on steroids.

http://digg.com/2018/muller-lyer-star-illusion

The creator of this illusion is Gianni Sarcone and it won the
third prize in the annual "Best Illusion Prize of the Year".
For more info on Sarcone, see his Wikipedia entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gianni_A._Sarcone
The webpage for the Illusion of the Year is the following
but you have to click on the web link in the story to access
the picture of the Muller-Lyer star (which is also downloadable); see:
http://illusionoftheyear.com/2017/10/dynamic-muller-lyer-illusion/
Sarcone is a very active person as can be seen from his webpage;
see:
https://www.giannisarcone.com/index.html#services
and
https://www.behance.net/giannisarcone
For a categorical view of his work (and access to info about his
books which are available on Amazon), see:
https://www.giannisarcone.com/index.html#services
Interesting stuff.
m...@nyu.edu<mailto:m...@nyu.edu>

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
helw...@dickinson.edu<mailto:helw...@dickinson.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13234.b0e864a6eccfc779c8119f5a4468797f&n=T&l=tips&o=52212

leave-52212-13234.b0e864a6eccfc779c8119f5a44687...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-52212-13234.b0e864a6eccfc779c8119f5a44687...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>