Data from U.S. Presidential elections are usually reported on the county
level (e.g., in NYC we have counties which we ordinarily call "boroughs";
Manhattan, where President Tump lives, went entirely for Hilary Clinton
but Manhattan has many precincts -- did any of them go for Trump?)
and new research by a doctoral student at Washington State University
analyze the presidential vote at the precinct level (which is harder to
do than one would expect; the linked NY Times article points out some
of the problems).  The NY Times makes the available the results in the
form of an interactive map (how did your precinct vote? Canadians
and Tipsters from other countries can fantasize about living in a place
in the U.S.): see:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/07/25/upshot/precinct-map-highlights.html

One of the things that is immediately apparent is the urban-rural
split (cities went for Clinton, rural areas went for Trump which colors
most of the map Red for Republican but a lot of these areas are
sparsely populated).

Of interest to Tipsters is the question of how did college towns in the
sea of Red vote compared to surrounding areas?  Well, it depends
upon the college.  For Example, Kenyon College, located in some
God-forsaken place called Ohio -> ;-) (hey, I still remember the
National Guard shooting student protestors in 1970 at Kent State;
listen to the Song "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young and/or
see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings ) had its
precinct vote go to Clinton while surrounding areas went.for the
other guy.  However, Dallas,. TX, which went heavily for Clinton
(yeah, surprising for a southern city) but the precinct containing
Dallas Baptist University went for that other guy.  If you admininstered
Bob Altemeyer's RWA scale at the two colleges, can you predict
which one will be higher on authoritarianism?  HINT: RWA relies
heavily on SUBMISSION to authority.

Anyways, have some fun with the interactive map.

P.S.  BTW, no precinct in Manhattan went for the other guy.
Go figure. ;-)

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=52613
or send a blank email to
leave-52613-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu