I posted a note about getting some incorrect guide data over on the TiVo 
forums but haven't received a response. So I figured I'd post here as 
well and see if anyone has any ideas...

We're a long-time TiVo household with two TiVo's (S2 and S3). Over the 
past 4-6 weeks I've noticed that we're getting occasional bad guide data 
for HGTV. We have a wish list that records "House Hunters*" -- this 
catches both House Hunters and House Hunters International. Lately what 
the TiVo thinks is one of these shows turns out to be something else.

Our provider is TimeWarner Cable. I notice that the cable guide has the 
correct show data, it's just TiVo's guide that is wrong. This doesn't 
happen all the time, but it's frequent enough to be annoying. I called 
TiVo support (after failing to find any way to report this online) and 
their solution was for me to call TimeWarner and ask if "anything has 
changed." I had to work pretty hard to convince the support person that 
I'm not dealing with an improper channel lineup, it's just specific 
guide data that is wrong.

So I did call TW and got what I expected, which is no satisfaction. No, 
nothing has changed. Their guide data is correct and they're not too 
concerned about what TiVo is doing. Would I like to try their DVR?

I tried re-running guided setup just for grins, thinking that maybe 
there was some tiny provider glitch in there and I was getting an East 
Coast HGTV lineup or something. Didn't do any good.

After all this rambling, does anyone have any suggestions? Any other TW 
customers in Los Angeles County seeing this problem?

Thanks.

- Jeff

Reply via email to