Try reinstalling Tivo Desktop again, the upgrade to v12 may have cleared a 
setting that is required to play them properly.

Also, VLC Media Player is reported to play about anything.
http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10267151.html?tag=mncol;pop

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "johnj" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:37 PM
Subject: [TiVo Central] Problem with Windows Media Player


>I have been downloading "over the air" movies to my laptop using TiVo 
>Desktop. I watch them when traveling. This worked fine until recently. I 
>was using Windows Media Player to view them. It was upgraded to version 12 
>recently and now will not let me view .tivo files. I get an error code 
>COOD11B1. When I google this I get several solutions. None of them will 
>work with a Windows 7, 64 bit computer. I think rather than try to solve 
>the WMP problem, I am wondering if there is another media player that will 
>work with the .tivo files?
>
> Rister using a TiVo HD
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Reply via email to